Sunday 22 August 2010

Hull Collection.










Had a morning out with my good friend and bird artist Richard Hull, at our regular pools and what a days birding it turned out to be. The weather was very overcast and humid and the wind was still. But we had a cracking day and discovered some good birds. I'll start by showing the few photos i managed to get of the Broad billed sandpiper that we found. We had a total of 23 various waders including a Temmincks stint, juvenile red necked phalarope, Little stints plus the regular culprits and that isnt including the good selection of passerines. So as you can imaging it was my best day birding on one of regular patch's for many years if not my best days birding ever.


3 comments:

  1. They are great pics.

    Congrats to the finders and also for the great write up on the birding day they had.

    Just wish it had hung around long enough for me to see it.

    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean,
    Missed the bird I am afraid but like you enjoyed the shots.
    Good birding,
    Graham
    Boreham

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice shots - wish I could have got that close!

    Sean Nixon

    ReplyDelete