Thursday 26 December 2019

Flaming missed it.


Whilst taking some photo's of the Pond Heron. This Flameback landed on the opposite tree. By the time i had found the bird in my scope it had dissapeared behind the trunk of the tree never to be seen again. This was the only photo i managed and only time i saw a Flameback this one i believe is a blacked -rump. And a new tick for me. yeppi this place was going to keep me busy. Here is my List for my first real morning's birding in Goa. Many thanks to Paul Neale a fellow Blogger for inviting me to share a taxi with him and his wife Sandra and for showing me the area.

GOA 2019
27th November
Siolim causeway & paddyfields.
Other Observers:  Paul & Sandra Neale “nealesbirdsblogspot.com”
White-throated Kingfisher
Pied Kingfisher
Asian palm Swift
Wire-tailed Swallow
Blue-tailed Bee-eater
Grey Heron
Purple Heron
Indian Pond Heron
Red wattled Lapwing
Spotted Dove
Redshank
Spotted Redshank
Wood Sandpiper
Temminck’s stint
Black-rumped flameback
Black-winged Stilt
Black Kite
Brahminy Kite
Marsh Harrier
Booted Eagle
                         Cinnamon Bitten (seen from car)
Bronzed winged Jacana
Asian Openbill
White Stork
Barn Swallows
Black drongo
Grey wagtail
Green Bee-eater
Kingfisher
White browed Wagtail
Paddyfield Pipit
Stonechat
Red-whisked Bulbar
Plum Headed & Rose ringed Parakeet
Zitting Cisticola

No comments:

Post a Comment