Monday 25 January 2021

Heavy Crop



 

One of my earliest memories as a schoolboy at 10 years of age. Was seeing my first Fieldfare.
It was a Sunday afternoon and my grandfather and me where sitting in his upstairs hobby room. He was a very keen philatelist and would show me stamps from all over the world with birds on. Then all off a sudden we both noticed a Fieldfare feeding in the Rowan tree in the front garden. My grandfather pulled out his big heavy ww2 naval binoculars and I had my first ever view of this striking Thrush  It was at that  moment I knew I wanted to be able to capture an image as striking as what we had just witnessed. Forty plus years on and a chance came. Although heavily cropped a pleasing result. And one I'm sure my grandfather would have enjoyed seeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment